Warranty terms and conditions
1. Potterton Commercial, a trading name of Baxi Heating UK Limited, provides warranty against manufacturing defects. The standard warranty provided on products and services is as follows:
I) New product: 24 months parts and labour warranty from date of commissioning if commissioned by Potterton Commercial (12 months warranty if not commissioned by Potterton Commercial). Commissioning to take place within 6 months from date of supply.
II) Replacement parts: any spare parts that are replaced under the warranty will be covered under the same warranty terms during the product's warranty period.
III) Exclusions: service consumables are not covered by the warranty and this includes (where applicable):
- Ignition/ionisation Electrodes
- Sacrificial anodes
- Expansion Vessels
- Burner Gaskets Lubricants / Oils and inhibitors
- Faults requiring combustion adjustment or burner cleaning associated with the normal operation are covered for 30 days from commissioning or maintenance of the product.
2. Potterton Commercial reserves the right for continuous improvement in both design and manufacture and warranty claims for retrospective upgrades to existing product design are excluded.
3. The warranty is valid subject to the installation being in full compliance with all appropriate current regulations and standards and our particular installation commissioning and maintenance instructions which are provided with the product. Evidence of commissioning must be retained and provided to Potterton Commercial in the event of a warranty claim during this warranty period. (This is not required if the commissioning was completed by Potterton Commercial).
4. The warranty is subject to safe access and egress to the product being made by others.
5. Potterton Commercial will provide warranty based on the above terms provided the failure has not been caused as a result of the following:-
- Incorrect commissioning / operation of the equipment by a third party
- Failure caused by the incorrect installation / location of the equipment
- Failure occurring from system defects
- Attempted repairs by anyone other than our Engineers or our approved Agents during the warranty period
- Where any defects / sub-standard items highlighted in the commissioning report have not been rectified to the correct standard(s)
- Any failure or problems resulting from inadequate supply or poor quality of services such as electricity, gas or water
- Failure caused as a result of corrosion, waterborne debris or scale/sludge deposits
- Failure due to the incorrect design / installation of the flue / ventilation system
- Incorrect handling of equipment
- The equipment has been sized incorrectly for the system's minimum and maximum operating conditions
- Corrosion due to adverse environmental conditions
- Frost damage
- Damage to the product caused by theft, attempted theft, vandalism or other factors such as fire or flood.
- Failure of or incorrectly set external controls
- Blocked condensate drain
- Where installation, commissioning or maintenance has been undertaken by a non-competent third party
6. All repair work during the warranty period must be carried out by Potterton Commercial or our nominated approved Agents.
7. Cost for third party repairs will not be accepted without prior authorisation of Potterton Commercial.
8. In the event of equipment failure, Potterton Commercial must be given the opportunity to inspect the equipment in situ prior to any remedial action taking place.
9. Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
10. Where Potterton Commercial has provided design / installation advice, whilst every reasonable care has been taken in formulating our recommendations, Potterton Commercial cannot accept any responsibility for the final design, construction and installation of the system.
11. The warranty is applicable to Potterton Commercial products which have been purchased and installed in the United Kingdom and Eire. Requests for Potterton Commercial to attend a warranty repair where the water heater is installed in either a remote location of mainland UK or the surrounding isles, may incur a charge. In these circumstances you are advised to call our After Sales Service Team on 0345 070 1058 who will advise if a charge is applicable.
12. This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights.
Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions for Sirius boilers
Following the initial 12 months standard warranty term an additional 48 months warranty against manufacturing defect will be applied providing that:
i. There has been full compliance with the standard terms & conditions as outlined above.
ii. The initial commissioning at the time of installation had been carried out by Potterton Commercial.
iii. The Sirius boiler (s) have been maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions on or before the 12 month anniversary from the date of installation.
iv. The essential serviceable components have been exchanged during maintenance using Potterton Commercial original spare parts.
v. The annual maintenance has been undertaken by a competent and qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer.
vi. A full completed service history is recorded and is accessible to the visiting Potterton Commercial engineer.
vii. For the avoidance of any doubt replacement of serviceable components or defects that arise due to the failure to replace such components during annual maintenance are not covered under the terms of this warranty. See clause 1(iii) for a list of exclusions as shown above in the standard warranty terms and conditions.
The standard warranty Terms & Conditions still apply.